About Us Performance and OFSTED
We are an OFSTED rated GOOD school
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good
- Outcomes for pupils Good
- 16 to 19 study programmes Good
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils
- Leaders are passionate about improving all aspects of the school for the benefit of every pupil. They have successfully driven improvement over the last three years, including boosting the academic performance of pupils
- The headteacher provides inspirational leadership and is well respected by the school community
- Teaching, learning and assessment are now securely good overall.
- Governors and leaders hold staff to account and provide high-quality training so teachers continually hone their skills.
- The sixth form is good. Sixth form programmes provide well for students, resulting in increased numbers with successful applications to top universities
Please click here for the full OFSTED report
School performance and results
Please click here to view the school performance from the department for education
2019 Key Stage 5 results
Results day for our A Level students was the usual manic affair with all students who had made a UCAS application securing their place at university. A*-A grades at A Level went up slightly this year to 15.1%. 32.8% of grades were A* to B with an average point score per entry of 29.37. Overall the average Grade per entry was a C. The BTEC courses showed a significant improvement on last year with over half the students achieving Distinction/Distinction* grades. The overall average was Distinction.