Our core value statement 'High achievement for all is our shared responsibility' reflects our belief that we must all work together and support one another as a teaching and learning community so that we are able to achieve the highest standards in all that we do.
The Core Value statement incorporates
- An accountability of all teachers and support staff
- A responsibility of all students
- Set aspirational targets for all students and teachers
- A strong sense of community through clear values as stated in the Cottesloe Charter
- Everyone has an important role to play and responsibility or accountability is not delegated to others
Our vision is to be recognised as a school on a journey to outstanding. A school that demonstrates excellence in the academic progress and achievement of our students through;
- very high standards of teaching and learning
- the care and commitment we show to our students and the wider community
- working in partnership with parents
- strong ethical values in everything we do
- sharing good practice across our school and with other schools
- a strong commitment to the professional development of all our staff
- giving our young people a range of opportunities and experiences to become confident and responsible members of 21st Century Britain.
On a daily basis our commitment towards this vision can be seen through;
- strong, supportive and professional leadership at all levels
- high standards and expectations underpinned by care and support for each individual
- a clear focus on teaching, learning, achievement and standards that can be measured by results in tests and examinations
- well-kept buildings and other facilities
- our partnership work with others to improve our school and other schools
- good communication that means we can:
- have an open dialogue with students, parents, staff and the wider community
- involve everyone and help people understand what we are trying to achieve
The Cottesloe School is all about Raising Standards, Individually and Collectively
The 6 C’s
The 6 C's are the learning habits that we are seeking to develop in all our students in the school community. This is both to make them successful learners during their time in school and as they take their place in the wider world.
Students at The Cottesloe School are specifically rewarded for demonstrating these behaviours and lessons are structured to enable them to demonstrate and progress these behaviours over time.
Teachers in the school embody these values, and during academic mentoring teachers discuss these skills with their tutees.